Allianz Engineering is part of the Allianz Insurance PLC and the global Allianz Group – one of the world’s leading financial services and insurance providers. We strive to deliver products and services that our clients recommend, to be a great company to work for and to achieve the best combination of profit and growth. We always look to hire the best talent and are as committed to our workforce as we are to our customers; as such we pride ourselves on offering unrivalled training and career development, exactly what you would expect from the firm awarded General Insurer of the Decade at the British Insurance Awards 2014.
Mid Sussex oppourtunities
Are you a dedicated and driven engineer who is looking to take the next step with one of the leading engineering insurance and inspection providers in the UK? At Allianz Engineering, we are looking to expand our growing and successful Engineering Surveyor team, and have opportunities across the Southern Region of the UK in Lift & Crane.
Our Engineer Surveyors play a vital role in our business by carrying out regular inspections and providing the right level of advice and protection required for a safe working environment. Roles are home-based and you’ll need to be able to travel effectively within an allocated local area.
The Engineer Surveyor role involves examining various items of plant and equipment.
You will assess a wide range of installations, anticipate problems and help our clients to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation. You will be an experienced engineer with a good knowledge of your engineering discipline (Lift & Crane).
You will carry out hands-on inspections of plant and equipment in accordance with company Technical Standards and Health & Safety provisions, reporting to an Area Manager.
You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients.
Skills & Experience
The Engineer Surveyor role requires a unique skill set – a combination of experience, technical ability, an acute awareness of workplace hazards and safety requirements, strong customer communication skills, and the confidence to make professional judgements.
• Background in relevant discipline with hands on experience of working in a role such as manufacturing / repair / maintenance.
• Incorporated Engineer (preferred) and have a recognised apprenticeship or have received equivalent training.
* Hold (or currently be working towards) certain minimum qualifications, such as HND / HNC / Full Technological Certificate /17th Edition/ Board of Trade Chief Engineer 1st Class Certificate of Competence or comparable, in a related discipline. Candidates with a NVQ Level 3 or ONC qualification will also be considered. Up to two years’ support to obtain the correct level qualification will be provided by the Company.
• Holder of a full valid UK driving licence.
• Able and willing to occasionally work out of allocated work area and away from home.
Please note: The Engineer Surveyor role does require regular lifting, climbing and working in confined spaces.
• Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
• Good computer literacy