Competitive + Benefits
Date when vacancy closes
31 Jan 2017
Area of Expertise
HRSS - Salford Quays
Background to vacancy/ What is the purpose of the job? What do you need to achieve?
The PMO will work within the HR Shared Service Centre supporting the resource management, project/programme delivery support and reporting of the project's portfolio in adherence to the standards set out by the central governance team. Responsibilities will include;
- Ensure adherence to the standardised approach to programme management adopted across the portfolio including information management, reporting, change control, risk & issue management and planning
- Provide project specific reporting and insight to the project team
- Work closely with the project teams to understand and report on tasks, progress, decisions, risks and opportunities
- Consolidate project-specific status reporting for key stakeholders and third parties
- Ensure that issues and risks are identified, logged and managed in line with the standard processes and escalate to the appropriate stakeholders where necessary
- Identifying and tracking of cross project dependencies and escalating where necessary.
- Custodian of all project information ensuring document & version control - utilise MS SharePoint.
- Tracking and management of project close down and PIRs
- Resource tracking across the portfolio
- Highlight slippage against tasks/milestones
- Organise and facilitate key meetings and workshops
- Support and organise meeting and travel arrangements for project team
- Produce communications for all stakeholders.
- Experience of project management standard methodologies and best practice is desirable e.g. Prince2
- Previous experience of a similar PMO or project role is required
- Experience in using MS Office applications Excel, PowerPoint, Word essential
- Significant skill and experience in MS Office applications MS Project and Sharepoint mandatory at good user to expert user level.