Competitive + Benefits
Date when vacancy closes
16 May 2017
Area of Expertise
You will work as part of a centralised Forecast and Inventory planning team delivering first class availability across foods and manage effective category and product forecasts & Inventory within 28 days. Your primary focus will be on delivering and exceeding target availability KPIs and delivering optimum Inventory to maximise sales within all trading scenarios including summer peaks, Christmas and Valentines.
This role will require weekend working. Typically 1 in 6 weekends.
Scope of the role
Key accountabilities and measures
- Achieve availability, inventory targets and profit targets
- Proactively drive sales and availability through effective short term forecast and inventory planning
- Expert use and manipulation of Q and other systems to deliver required availability and Inventory targets.
- Effective Communication and relationship building with category forecast planners, trading teams, retail and store performance team, updating on forecast and availability status.
- Working closely with SCPs and Suppliers on current availability issues and requirements to meet availability and demand.
- Spot opportunities to be more dynamic and responsive, always ensuring we deliver the best service to our customers
- Drive best practise and look to improve ways of working whilst demonstrating the business values within the forecasting function.
- Provide reporting, insight and communication to the wider business on forecast and inventory position
- Demonstrate the M & S values in role
- Retail Feedback
- Generation of new ideas and CI
o Food Group Sales, Availability and Waste targets
o Successful NPD and range launches
Key relationships and stakeholders
- Supply Chain leadership team
- SPT manager and team
- Retail traders
- Trading Managers
- SRD Management Team
Technical skills/business skills required
- Expert in Central Forecasting System (Q)
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Numeracy Skills
- Build strong relationships and act with integrity
- Stakeholder engagement
- Pro-active and forward looking
- Structured and Organised