Here at Allianz UK, everyone brings their own expertise and enthusiasm to work, to enable customers to make the right insurance decisions to meet their needs. We’re passionate about helping our customers and employees move on and up in life and business.
We nurture and invest in talent to ensure that great people build great careers with us. There’s a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfil their potential and we provide an award-winning range of training, recognised in 2015 by Investors in People (IIP) with a Gold level accreditation. Other prestigious industry awards we have won include General Insurer of the Decade at the British Insurance Awards 2014.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the North Region Commercial team in our Leeds office in a key senior underwriting role.
You will play a leading role in developing and growing the Property and Casualty accounts profitably; maintaining underwriting integrity and control; training, coaching and developing other team members and branch based underwriters; contributing to the setting of underwriting strategy and account management as well as handling large case and scheme referrals from across the Region, which includes Leeds, Newcastle and Nottingham offices.
The key responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Work closely with the Regional Underwriting Manager, the Regional Leadership team and the Regional Underwriters to develop Property and Casualty business and deliver customer centric solutions
- Act as a senior technical underwriting referral contact within the Region, liaising regularly with Head Office Commercial Property and Casualty Account teams on case and account management issues
- Maintain the integrity of our underwriting approach and adherence to Allianz Standards of Underwriting, including the branch inspection process
- Train, coach and develop staff across the Region with both technical and trading skills
- Contribute to account management and underwriting strategy to deliver the strategic plan
- Lead and contribute to key strategic projects
- Contribute to the development and delivery of relevant Underwriting modules for the Allianz Academy or local training initiatives
- Undertake account performance analysis, identifying account trends and opportunities for profitable growth whilst implementing effective action plans to deliver improved performance
Skills & Experience
• Outstanding technical underwriting skills in Commercial Property and Casualty classes, in order to be granted underwriting authority at the highest level
• Strong data analysis skills and ability to make recommendations and decisions
• Knowledge of the wider Commercial Insurance market
• ACII qualified
• Strong experience in the Commercial Property and Casualty market with evidence of excellent trading skills
• Exposure to account management and expertise in handling large cases, schemes and arrangements
• Driven, confident negotiator, strong people skills, achievement orientated, ability to engage others enthusiastically and work collaboratively in and across teams
• Understanding of the Allianz corporate plans and strategies
• Innovative, enthusiastic, professional, dynamic and proactive individual who looks for and finds solutions
• Acts quickly and effectively to solve problems
• Communicates clearly - excellent written and spoken English
• Can apply analytical thinking along with judgement and intuition
• Ability to work flexibly, managing workload and priorities whilst adapting to changing business needs quickly