Here at Allianz UK, everyone brings their own expertise and enthusiasm to work, to enable customers to make the right insurance decisions to meet their needs. We’re passionate about helping our customers and employees move on and up in life and business.
We nurture and invest in talent to ensure that great people build great careers with us. There’s a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfil their potential and we provide an award-winning range of training, recognised in 2015 by Investors in People (IIP) with a Gold level accreditation. Other prestigious industry awards we have won include General Insurer of the Decade at the British Insurance Awards 2014.
We have a new vacancy for an Actuarial Analyst within the Actuarial team, reporting into a Commercial Lines Actuary.
You’ll support the actuarial input into the Commercial Lines portfolios which includes quarterly reserving, business planning and aspects of capital modelling, as well as general business analyses. The role will include collaborative interaction with the Commercial Lines Underwriting and Technical area as well as the wider Finance function.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Interaction with the technical pricing actuaries, portfolio managers and business finance managers
• Production, monitoring and communication of quarterly reserves on an IFRS and Solvency II basis for the Commercial lines of business
• Statistical analyses of account and scheme performance
• Parameterisation of Reserve and Insurance risk capital models
• Actuarial input into the annual business planning process
The role can be based either in our Guildford or our London office, though frequent travel will be required between the two.
Skills & Experience
We’re keen to hear from Analyst’s ideally with a general insurance background, however if you’re an Actuarial Analyst working in another line of insurance we would like to hear from you.
You’ll be working towards Fellowship of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries (or equivalent) and have a knowledge of various reserving techniques and familiarity with ResQ. Strong communication skills and the ability to interpret data and provide insightful insights is key. A strong academic record, with at least a 2:1 degree in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Statistics or Business is required.
• Curious in outlook with a keen desire to challenge the status quo
• Confident communicator with excellent report writing skills
• Ability to balance attention to detail with finding pragmatic solutions to problems
• Highly organised with an ability to manage multiple priorities