Home and Legacy are a niche Insurance Broker arranging personal lines cover for High Net Worth individuals.
We have our own branded product range which is supported by a panel of well-known Insurers.
We achieved Chartered Broker status in 2011 and we are passionate about helping our customers and employees move on and up in life and business.
We are keen to recruit individuals who have are highly motivated and ambitious with a proven track record in delivering excellent customer.
To contribute to the overall growth and profitability of the business The job holder will play an important role dealing with all incoming new business inquiries and/or renewal and mid-term adjustments from our Broker partners or Direct clients and arrange cover within our existing panel of insurers. To ensure our customer’s and agents requirements are met the jobholder will work in an advisory capacity matching the end users requirements to the most appropriate covers.
- Respond promptly to client queries and ensure that all communications with customers and/or insurers are accurately recorded
- Review proposals and ensure customer’s and agents requirements are met
- Advise clients and agents on the policy cover and terms and conditions
- Ensure that the client understands the effect of breach of onerous conditions or requirements
- Create and monitor progress of policies to be renewed
- Deal with mid-term policy queries and issue endorsements where appropriate
- Manage the collection of due premiums, from direct customers, and ensuring correct premiums and payments are provided to the accounts department
- Deal with general day-to-day administration and to assist and help ensure the effective operation of the department
- Good market awareness of Personal Lines insurance, including Motor
- Good knowledge of High Net Worth Household insurance
- Credible experience in a Household and/or Motor underwriting role desirable
- Excellent literacy and numeric skills essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Use and understanding of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Personal Lines broking/underwriting experience, preferably in High Net Worth Household insurance
- Grade ‘C’ GCSE in Maths and English, or equivalent
- CII qualified or working towards an advantage
- Flexible and professional approach.
- Proactive with strong ability to manage own workload and set priorities.
- Confident, self motivated individual, able to work on their own or as part of a team.
- Good communicator and sound decision maker
- Committed to personal development.
- Excellent written and verbal English
Skills & Experience
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Proven experience of underwriting and/or customer service
The applicant should be educated to GCSE level or equivalent, including Maths and English
- Adopt a positive and flexible approach
- Prioritise own workload
- Work co-operatively with other Team members
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement