Here at Allianz UK, everyone brings their own expertise and enthusiasm to work, to enable customers to make the right insurance decisions t meet their needs. We're passionate about helping customers and employees move on and up in life and business.
We nurture and invest in talent to ensure that great people build great careers with us. There's a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfil their potential and we provide an award-winning range of training, recognised in 2015 by Investors in People (IIP) with a Gold Level accreditation. Other prestigious industry awards we have won include General Insurer of the Decade at the British Insurance Awards 2014.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join the Claims Business Change team in our Head Office in Guildford.
As one of the worlds largest insurers we offer challenging projects as we continue to grow and enhance the power of digitilisation in our business, with a real focus on the customer journey.
The team provides specialist business analysis and change skills to the Claims Division. As part of this team, you'll participate in, support and lead change initiatives by deploying business analysis and change management knowledge, skills and experience. Change implementation is also a key area of activity, requiring close collaboration with multiple stakeholders. You will be involved in the management of a variety of change projects, usually up to 3 at a time. Projects can include development of new technologies, implementation of and changes to claims handling systems and introduction of new processes.
You will assist in the identification of business change projects, their evaluation and feasibility including cost justified options, implementation, benefits delivery and handover. You will have the opportunity and support to develop skills, knowledge and experience of the change discipline, with a particular focus on Business Analysis.
Gathering, defining, analysing and documenting of business requirements for change projects and programmes
Correctly identify and define issues & problems to achieve proportionate and relevant solutions
Facilitate and drive workshops and meetings to achieve objectives
Work closely with solution partners to deliver business benefit
Analyse existing business processes for improvement and realignment
Work closely with Project Managers and build excellent relationships with all key stakeholders
Skills & Experience
What you'll bring
• Previous project experience/involvement essential
• Previous business analyst experience highly desirable, including exposure to analysing business needs to produce requirements and process definitions
• A good level of general business experience required
• Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels
• Good MS Office skills are essential
• Ability to create and sustain effective working relationships
• Ability to plan, prepare and facilitate workshops across all levels to achieve the stated objectives
• Part qualified ISEB or similar accreditation highly desirable (ongoing support provided)
• Experience of working in Insurance or Financial Services business is advantageous
• Part Qualified CII highly desirable, or a willingness to embark upon study (which we can support)
• Degree qualified or equivalent advantageous (subjects such as IT, Business & Information Systems are desirable)
• Self motivated and achievement orientated, with the confidence and ability to motivate and influence others
• Self sufficient but also a team player who is quick to build effective working relationships
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Adaptable and able to manage and progress a number of initiatives at the same time
• Customer focused, able to consider needs of customer in approach
• Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
• Good analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy essential
• Confident, focused, assertive and organised