This role sits in BP’s supply and trading business which is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance.
BP Marine serves as the single face of IST in the retail marine market and its enviable market reputation and scale provides IST with unique market entry opportunities. It also positions the business well to make the most of the significant changes in the marine fuels market as environmental legislation increasingly brings distillate and in the longer term LNG into the mix.
BP Marine manages the day-to-day long term relationship with an international portfolio of customers, marketing and selling marine fuels to ensure BP Marine becomes the supplier of choice. Works closely with the account manager and supply coordinator to provide analytical data and strategy information. Maintains a high level of customer service.
This role is responsible for managing and co-ordinating the day to day supply of marine fuels across BP Marine’s supply locations globally. There will also be a requirement to be flexible and cover the wider team’s customers when necessary.
- Coordinate and manage the supply of bunker fuels for spot & term contracts.
- Build relationship with customers to understand opportunities for BP and the customer.
- Understand BP’s bunker supply markets and pricing mechanisms.
- Ensure all policies around compliance, KYC contracts, ethics & credit are adhered to.
- Co-ordinate the resolution of quality and quantity complaints from portfolio customers with technical team as required.
- Ensure selling strategy is consistent with operational constraints in barging and supply.
- Provide market information and feedback to local and international sales teams and management.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Teamwork and experience in teams is paramount to this role,
- Strong understanding of logistics and supply chain,
- Strong communication and networking skills,
- A passion for customers and strong service bias,
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously,
- Previous sales or marketing experience is preferred,
- Self motivation, bias for action and enthusiasm required,
- Must be culturally aware and sensitive to business practices in various countries
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- An understanding of commercial fuels value chains and how to generate value in an increasingly commoditized market.
- Track record of successful negotiation with customers and/or suppliers.
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST's role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
Integrated Supply & Trading