Are you a dedicated and driven engineer who is looking to take the next step with one of the leading engineering insurance and inspection providers in the UK? Part of Allianz Insurance Plc and the global Allianz Group, Allianz Engineering is one of the leading engineering insurance and inspection providers in the UK.
Our Engineer Surveyors play a vital role in our business by carrying out regular inspections and providing the right level of advice and protection required for a safe working environment. We always look to hire the best talent and are committed to developing our staff in order to be an employer of choice.
This is an exciting home-based opportunity for an experienced engineer with a good knowledge of the Lift and Crane discipline to join Allianz Engineering, a division of one of the largest insurers and financial services companies in the world. Part of the role with also involve an element of Pressure Mechanical work on Minor Pressure Systems (MPS). You will carry out hands-on inspections of plant and equipment in accordance with company Technical Standards and Health & Safety procedures , reporting to your Area Manager. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients. This role forms an integral part of our business, as you examine various items of equipment including lifts, cranes and boilers. You will assess a wide range of installations, anticipate problems and help our clients to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation. The role requires the successful applicant to be: - Up to date on their knowledge and understanding of all relevant Compliance and Regulatory rules and procedures that relate to the relevant disciplines. - Effective at short, medium and long-term planning, in order to diarise meetings, visits and work allocation. - Able to travel effectively within their local allocated work area. - Able to process documentation, as well as undertaking general administration. - A good team player, for example deputising for fellow Engineer Surveyors (of own discipline) as and when required.
Skills & Experience
The Engineer Surveyor role requires a unique skill set – a combination of experience, technical ability, an acute awareness of workplace hazards and safety requirements, strong customer communication skills, and the confidence to make professional judgements.
Key skills and accountabilities also include:
- Background in working with lifts and cranes, with hands on experience in working in a role such as manufacturing / repair / maintenance.
- Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer literacy.
- Aptitude and understanding of the need for planning and an ability to prioritise your own workload.
- Ideally, you will be an Incorporated Engineer within a relevant engineering institution and have a recognised apprenticeship or have received equivalent training.
- Successful candidates are required to hold (or currently be working towards) certain minimum qualifications, such as HND / HNC / Full Technological Certificate/ Board of Trade Chief Engineer 1st Class Certificate of Competence or comparable, in a Lift and Crane discipline. Candidates with a NVQ Level 3 or ONC qualification will also be considered in certain circumstances. Up to two years’ support to obtain the correct level qualification will be provided by the Company.
Please note: The Engineer Surveyor role does require regular lifting and climbing and also working in confined spaces.
- Self motivated and achievement orientated, with the confidence and ability to influence others.
- An effective planner (short, medium and longer-term), who is able to organise their meetings, visits and work allocation accordingly.
- A decision maker willing to take on responsibility.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Holder of a current UK driving licence.
- Able and willing to work out of allocated work area and away from home if required.