The role holder operates as part of the Information Technology and Services (IT&S) and Indirect Procurement (IP) functions within BP Corporate Business & Functions with the opportunity to undertake projects and activities across the portfolio, and plays a critical team role in delivering a cohesive people agenda which includes involvement in projects working across Corporate & Functions.
In particular the role covers first level HR advisory support to the IT&S Business Applications Services (BAS) team, and will be the primary point of contact for employee and line manager queries, and employee relations issues, and develop a strong relationship with Leadership team members.
Reporting to the Global HR Business Partner for IT&S Business Applications Services Team, this is a global HR adviser role as the BAS team is present in over 30 countries and has a global population of ~650 employees, but with particular hubs in Germany, Kuala Lumpur, UK, and US. The HR adviser is expected to work closely with local country HR colleagues to deliver a seamless, global HR service.
The incumbent will be heavily involved in core people processes such as reward and talent management, and is an excellent opportunity for individual wanting to progress their HR generalist career, or to broaden their HR skill set.
Resourcing & Mobility
• Manages the global vacancy plan and strong advocate of Rules of the Road. Supports the resourcing team(s) which may include interviewing and offer development. Implementing international/domestic relocation polices and processes, including briefing line managers to effectively set expectations. Understand immigration / visa / mobility implications and risks.
Reward and Performance Management
• Delivers key reward and performance activities. Educates team leaders and employees on change to reward or benefit programmes / implementation of new schemes, including delivering reward training. Implements polices and process to support reward decisions. Supports leaders to ensure rigorous individual performance management.
Talent Management and Learning & development
• Supports the HRBP in successful delivery of the Talent review. Uses the talent system to provide insightful talent analytics. Helps ensure succession candidates & other talent identified during review have development plans & are making progress towards closing gaps, and actions are followed up. Where required support people capability forums.
• Clearly interprets and coaches managers on ER policies and processes and work to ensure compliance. Runs grievance, disciplinary and performance management processes, including the execution of investigations. Advises line managers regarding capability, including effective use of performance improvement plans.
Organisation Design & effectiveness and D&I
• Works with the Global HRBP to deliver any organisation design / development activities or change programmes. Ensures change programmes follow BP best practices and are delivered effectively. Is an active supporter of the D&I plan and ensure that D&I is imbedded throughout the people processes.
HR Operations, Technology and Systems
• Provides timely and sound advice to line managers and employees, with the ability to apply knowledge of policies, procedures and legislation to complex situations. Coaches and educates line managers on policy changes. Ensure critical people processes are effectively and efficiently undertaken. Understands how HR operational activities are delivered in the UK and has strong relationships with local HR country teams and confidently delivers business- facing HR activities. Is an expert in HR systems and confident in producing reports and analysing data to provide key insights. With the HR Co-ordinator, manager my HR service delivery and pursues continuous improvement in transactional efficiency.
Designing & Delivering HR solutions
• Be the first point of contact for employees’ issues and enquiries, attempting in the first instance to solve their problem and then escalating or transferring as necessary to Business Facing HR, other relevant third parties or liaising with local country HR teams. Have the opportunity to be involved in other HR projects / activity relevant to the people plans. This includes currently facilitation of the Team Leader Matters and Maternity sessions for Line managers and employees, and actively supporting the IT&S and IP Employee Value Proposition which includes liaising with third parties.
Degree qualified or equivalent experience/education.
Part / full CIPD qualification preferred
Essential experience and job requirements
• Broad HR generalist experience - understands and can apply operational HR policies and processes and experience of independently providing HR guidance
• Demanding operational contexts - Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Highly personally organised, able to plan, prioritise and deliver on a range of tasks against multiple deadlines
• Excellent communicator both in writing and verbally, customer service orientated
• Numerate and financially literate
• Advanced Microsoft skills : Excel, Word, Powerpoint with strong data analytical skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrates high integrity and discretion
• Good judgement and developed diplomacy skills
• A supportive team player who demonstrates flexibility and willingness to support the team with high quality delivery of the HR people plan
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Knowledge of BP HR policies and procedures
• Experience of working in a global organisation
• Project management skills
• Cultural fluency
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
To remain one of the world’s premier integrated oil companies, BP recognises that it needs a highly respected, high performing, world class HR function which combines the provision of strategic advice to business leaders with efficient and effective transactional support to managers and employees. The HR function does this through the development and delivery of well executed HR services and by defining standards, policies and processes to help ensure we have the right people in the right roles when we need them, motivated and able to deliver outstanding performance. This is achieved by delivering business partnering and support; operational excellence; people data and core HR processes; governance, policy and coherence and ensuring that we have an effective system of HR compliance and controls in line with regulatory requirements and company policies and standards and by creating coherence in core HR areas. We are looking for talented, committed HR professionals who can work with the business to deliver the right people solutions that create competitive advantage to the organisation.
Corporate & Functions