Here at Allianz UK, everyone brings their own expertise and enthusiasm to work, to enable customers to make the right insurance decisions to meet their needs. We’re passionate about helping our customers and employees move on and up in life and business.
We nurture and invest in talent to ensure that great people build great careers with us. There’s a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfil their potential and we provide an award-winning range of training, recognised in 2015 by Investors in People (IIP) with a Gold level accreditation. Other prestigious industry awards we have won include General Insurer of the Decade at the British Insurance Awards 2014.
This is an exciting home-based opportunity for an experienced engineer with a good knowledge of the Lift and Crane discipline to join Allianz Engineering, a division of one of the largest insurers and financial services companies in the world.
As an Engineer Surveyor you will assess a wide range of installations, anticipate problems and help our clients to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation. You will work closely with your Engineer Surveyor Team managed by one of our Area Managers. You will carry out hands-on inspections of various items of plant and equipment such as lifts, escalators, cranes and construction plant, all in accordance with our Company Technical Standards and Health & Safety provisions. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Being up to date on your knowledge and understanding of all relevant compliance and regulatory rules and procedures that relate to the Lift and Crane discipline.
• Making well informed decisions, and willing to take responsibility.
• Being effective at short, medium and long-term planning, in order to diarise meetings, visits and work allocation.
• Being able to travel effectively within your local allocated work area.
• Processing documentation, as well as undertaking general administration in a timely manner.
• Willingness to support and deputise for fellow Engineer Surveyors (of own discipline) as and when required.Part of the role may also involve an element of Pressure Mechanical work on Minor Pressure Systems (MPS). Previous experience would be advantageous
Skills & Experience
You will have a combination of experience, technical ability, an acute awareness of workplace hazards and safety requirements, strong customer communication skills, and the confidence to make professional judgements.
Key skills will include:
• A background in working with lift and/or crane equipment, with hands on experience of working in a role such as manufacturing / repair / maintenance.
• Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
• Good computer literacy.
• Incorporated Engineer (Preferred) and have a recognised apprenticeship or have received equivalent training.
• A holder of a full valid UK driving licence.
• Being able and willing to occasionally work out of allocated work area and away from home.
Successful candidates are required to hold (or currently be working towards) certain minimum qualifications, such as HND / HNC / ONC / Full Technological Certificate / 17th Edition / Board of Trade Chief Engineer 1st Class Certificate of Competence or comparable, in the Lift & Crane discipline.
Please note: The Engineer Surveyor role does require regular lifting, climbing and working in confined spaces.
What we offer in return:
• Competitive salary, which is reviewed annually
• Annual Bonus related to individual and company performance
• Company car
• Engineer Surveyor allowance
• A generous pension plan
• Competitive holiday allowance that increases with length of service, with the option of buying and selling up to 5 days holiday per year
• Share purchase plan
• Flexible benefits plan, giving the option to tailor benefits (such as dental insurance and private medical care) to suit individual needs
• Excellent training and development opportunities including our own Engineer Development Programme.
• 25% off Insurance products,
• Self motivated and achievement orientated, with the confidence and ability to influence others.
• An effective planner (short, medium and longer-term), who is able to organise their meetings, visits work allocation accordingly.
• A decision maker willing to take on responsibility.
• Able to work on own initiative.