Job Reference: L72-HAR006808
Employer:Harrow CouncilLocation:BarnetSalary:32,310 - 34,938
Barnet and Harrow Public Health is a training establishment and offer placements with educational supervision to trainees on the Public Health and GP Training Schemes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for fixed term appointment to March 31st 2018 for a Health Improvement Officer in Barnet. Reporting directly to the Senior Health Improvement Specialist the post holder will contribute to and support a range of health improvement and disease prevention activities in support of strategic priorities in Barnet and Harrow including:
- Scoping potential initiatives and investments
- Developing proposals for action with reference to evidence and in consultation with partners
- Producing options appraisals, business cases and project plans
- Providing project and contract management
- Supporting consultants in providing specialist public health support to GP commissioning, public health commissioning and other partners as required.
- Assist with the evaluation of services, projects and programmes to ensure appropriate outcomes and cost effectiveness are achieved.
- Support the interpretation and implementation of national guidance on public health topics.
Applications are especially welcome from candidates with a particular interest in health care public health. The successful candidate will play a significant role in helping shape the local response to the crucial strategic challenges that face the health and social care economy through the North Central London Sustainability and Transformation Plan and the Borough's prevention strategies.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- Understanding of epidemiology, statistics and information analysis related to health and social care. Ability to successfully deliver projects to tight timescales.
- Good understanding and experience of local and national NHS and of relevant health and social care data sources.
- Understanding of health and social care and the role for Public Health.
- Ability to work on own initiative and organise own workload without supervision working to tight and often changing timescales.
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.
If you have read the role profile and would like to know more about this role please contact: Jeff Lake, Consultant in Public Health, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview Date: 17th May 2017
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Apply for this job
Job Type:Fixed term (31/03/2018)Pay Scheme:OtherStaff Group:Administrative & Clerical
Read this before applying
* Job Description & Person Specification (141 KB)
Apply for this jobClosing Date:08/05/2017Interview Date:17/05/2017Email Address:email@example.com
* None Available
* None Available
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.