To provide PA support to the Regional Business Leader & Lead the Secretarial Executive Team (SET).
Provide a high level of PA support to the Regional Business Leader in the discharge of his/her duty through effective diary management and daily logistics.
• Represent the EH RBL office and effectively communicate and execute delegated requirements to the leadership team (LT) and staff as well as ensuring that timelines for completion are adhered to.
• Represent the EH RBL office views and requirements to the Central team for any global events and engagements. Challenge and resolve conflicts to ensure appropriate EH representation and engagement.
• Screen, filter and prioritize emails, incoming calls, meetings for the RBL; drafting correspondence and responses on behalf of the RBL as required.
• Accountable and responsible in supporting the RBL in all other aspects of administrative requirements.
• Develop and maintain a collaborative and professional working relationship with all the LT and staff.
• Own the strategic support by reviewing specific areas of the EH budget, for example T&E. Ensuring T&E expenditure costs are challenged and all aspects of travel in the RB conform to BP Group policies. Develop, plan out and implement appropriate processes and resources to support the above.
• Research, extract information and organize executive briefs in preparation for customer meetings and presentations as required
• Work closely and support the Regional Business Manager to ensure delivery of all responsibilities:
- Be proactive and challenge where appropriate the planning, development and implementation of the many EH business events and engagements
- Support, work closely and challenge where appropriate the EH Communications and Events Lead to deliver the EH events agenda.
- Expected to facilitate, engage and enroll team, key partners and other stakeholders for all the above areas.
Lead the Secretarial Executive Team (SET):
- Accountable and responsible in ensuring the SET provides quality support to the LT in all other aspects of administrative requirements.
- Accountable and responsible for the development of direct reports, including coaching and mentoring.
- Lead the SET to be a world-class service excellence centre. This involves active listening to the voice of the customer and benchmarking against industry/competitor standards as the team performs day-to-day customer service operations.
- Implement a performance management culture for measurable improvements in customer service levels. This includes defining, measurement, analysis and reporting of defined key performance indicators (KPIs) which are keys to the success of the business as a whole and specifically help to measure the performance of the SET. It also involves being an integral part of process improvement teams to address root cause analysis and resulting continuous improvement projects. This will require application of project management skills as well as a keen understanding of change management.
- Develop, train and coach SET to achieve high individual and team performance goals. The Team Lead develops the team’s yearly performance contract and tracks, measures, and provides feedback on team performance.
- Conceptualise and lead the team towards common goals around achieving operational excellence. Accountable for engaging customer analysis, root cause analysis, with solutions that requires the implementation and measurement of delivery. Plan and execute continuous improvement efforts, including: o Reviewing and improving current roles and responsibilities of the individual business support executives and ensuring standardized processes.
- Reviewing and re-engineering current processes for simplification and standardization.
- Implementing change management. Educating on systems that will enable business support executives to gather necessary information to proactively satisfy customers.
• Minimum Diploma in Business Administration is preferred. • Formal secretarial training is also preferred.
Essential experience and job requirements
At least 8 years’ work experience in a similar role supporting senior management.
• Previous experience of secretarial duties at Senior Executive Level is essential and a team leader who has managed or lead of a team of secretaries in a previous role.
• Proven ability to multi-task and manage a dynamic and complex diary as well as attention to detail and process.
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a team environment under pressure to deliver performance.
• The successful candidate will have access to a wide variety of information and will be required to frequently use their judgement and exhibit a high level of personal integrity. The role is fast paced, demanding and requires a highly professional response to requests.
• The post requires professionalism and courtesy in the face of changing priorities. The candidate will need to apply sound judgement and recognize that she is representing the SET at all times.
• Important attributes will be an open and communicative style, confidence to work effectively with senior management and sensitivity to working with diverse culture.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Strong Microsoft Office capabilities, intermediate level skills in using Excel, Word and PowerPoint and basic data analysing.
• High level of spoken and written English, and comfortable with drafting correspondences and responses.
• Knowledge of Asian languages and culture will be useful.
• Good telephone etiquette and ability to show professionalism while interacting with both internal and external parties.
• Excellent team working and networking skills with peers and managers world-wide.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work without supervision and under pressure.
• Diversity – Treats all people with dignity and respect. Properly uses all resources to maximize business performance.
• Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, brings disagreements into the open and attempts to resolve them collaboratively.
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST’s role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
The IST Global Oil Eastern Hemisphere (GOEH) region is the supply and trading arm of BP in the East and is the trading face of BP in the Eastern and Mid-Eastern markets. GOEH supports other BP businesses by providing a competitive supply and trading function that covers Oil, Chemicals, Power and Gas as well as a suite of risk management tools. The IST trading books in the region also generates entrepreneurial income through trading activities and the optimisation of blending and shipping operations.
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
Integrated Supply & Trading