Job Reference: 329-STH126
Employer:North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustDepartment:Community NursingLocation:Lowe House, St HelensSalary:22,128 - 28,746 per ann
North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (formerly known as 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust until 1st April 2017), provides physical health, mental health and learning disability services across the North West region. The Trust employs around 4000 staff across our sites and also has a Temporary Bank which offers the flexibility of working shifts around other commitments.
We are committed to providing safe, compassionate care and look to appoint people who are as passionate about patient care as we are.
It is an exciting time for North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust; having recently secured new business opportunities as part of a formal bidding process within our St Helens borough, we are delighted to offer a number of posts, including those within Community Nursing. North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (previously 5 Boroughs) provides treatment, support and guidance for a wide range of health issues, including physical, mental health and learning disability services.
We have a number of Community Nursing posts across St Helens within our newly secured Out of Hospital Nursing and Intermediate Care Services and are looking to secure registered Band 5 Nurses to join established Community Nursing Teams to deliver excellent health care within the three neighbourhood models across St Helens. Full and part time posts are available, supporting services across a 7 day week.
These roles are vital in supporting our aim to provide exceptional patient care, every time and we look to appoint individuals who are as passionate about patient care as we are. Successful applicants must be:
- Qualified Nurse Practitioners (or due to qualify this year)
- Able to prioritise busy workload
- A strong communicator / listener
- Dependable, committed and dynamic
- Passionate in delivering safe and high quality care
- Flexible in meeting needs of the service within community setting
- Committed to improve the health, wellbeing and independence of residents within the borough of St Helens
Here at North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, we believe in our people and put our staff, patients and service users at the heart of what we do. We recognise the importance of supporting and rewarding staff for their continued effort in their role, with attractive benefits. These include:
- Free 24 hour access to our Health and Well-being Centre and gym at the Hollins Park site, including tai chi and pilates classes
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (29 days after 5 years' and 33 days after 10 years' service)
- Access to the NHS pension scheme
- The opportunity to access a range of NHS discounts, such as the NHS Electronics Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Car and Bikes for Staff Schemes.
- Regular supervision and access to a range of training courses at our Education Centre
- Childcare vouchers
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Successful candidates will either have a valid DBS check with the Trust or will be required to pay for the cost of the DBS Disclosure which 47.50 for an enhanced disclosure, the cost of which will be deducted from first salary.
We are committed to the delivery of outstanding care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate both our Trust values and our culture of compassionate care.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Lorraine Hodson, Head of Service lorraine.hodson@NWBH.nhs.uk
Important: All communications regarding the progress of your application, including any interview arrangements, will be sent electronically to the email address from which you applied.
Please note that any emails to you (including interview invitations) will be via our Trust Recruitment System TRAC and not via NHS Jobs. It is important that you respond to any emails we send you.
There may be some occasions where we have to close a vacancy early once sufficient applications have been received. It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship (formerly a Work Permit)
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Apply for this job
Job Type:PermanentWorking pattern:37.5 hrs per weekPay Scheme:Agenda for changePay Band:5Staff Group:Nursing & Midwifery RegisteredSpecialty/Function:Community Nursing
Read this before applying
* Job Description & Person Specification (178 KB)
Apply for this jobClosing Date:18/05/2017Contact Name:Lorraine HodsonEmail Address:email@example.comTelephone:07917001682
* Our Values
* Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders
* Positive Action Information Sheet
* Right to Work in the UK requirements
* Work Life Balance Information
* Smoke Free Policy
* For further information on DBS disclosures, please visit
* For further information regarding Mindful Employer visit
* For more information about the Trust please visit our website
* Foundation Trust Information
* Please visit this website for further information on the UK Border Agency
* Two Ticks Symbol
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.