Job Reference: 388-TBC6-KB
Employer:Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustDepartment:Public Health Team, Torbay Council, 1st Floor South, Tor Hill HouseLocation:TorquaySalary:30,152 - 32,486
If we receive a high volume of applications we reserve the right to close any vacancies from further applications. Please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
It is very important that you read the job description, person specification and any additional information documents before you apply for this post.
Public Health Intelligence Analyst
Are you interested in understanding the health of the population? If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen in Torbay Council's Public Health Team for a Public Health analyst.
The Public Health Team works with different teams and agencies to understand the health of the population. We monitor the progress of health outcomes and commission services to support health and wellbeing. To do this, we need good intelligence of the health and social needs in the population. The intelligence will be used to set priorities and ensure people get the services they need.
For further information or an informal chat, please contact Doug Haines on 01803 207331.
NO Agencies or Canvassers.
If you would like support completing an application form, please contact the recruitment team on 01803 654120 where one of our administrators will be able to assist you.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS
* All correspondence will be made via NHS Jobs by text and email. Your application status will also be automatically updated as recruitment decisions are made . Please check your email and NHS Jobs account regularly.
* Note that non-NHS applicants with no previous NHS experience will ordinarily be appointed to the minimum of the band.
* If you have not received an email inviting you for interview within 28 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
* Please note: where the post is a temporary position there may be a possibility of the post becoming permanent.
The Trust is committed to preventing discrimination, valuing diversity and achieving equality of opportunity. No person (staff, patient or public) will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of the nine protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010: Sexual Orientation; Gender; Age; Gender Reassignment; Pregnancy and Maternity; Disability; Religion or Belief (non-belief); Race; Marriage and Civil Partnership. In addition to these nine, the Trusts will not discriminate on the grounds of domestic circumstances, social-economic status, political affiliation or trade union membership.
As an inclusive organisation we welcome applications from people who are underrepresented in the health and care workforce (for example; people from a Black or Minority Ethnic background, people with disabilities and people who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender)
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Apply for this job
Job Type:PermanentWorking pattern:37.5 Hours per weekPay Scheme:OtherStaff Group:Administrative & Clerical
Read this before applying
* Job Description & Person Specification (136 KB)
Apply for this jobClosing Date:13/08/2017Contact Name:Doug HainesEmail Address:firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone:01803 207331
* Values and Behaviours
* Guidance for Applicants - please read
* Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust Website
* NHS Constitution
* NHS Employers
* UK Border Agency - Points-Based Calculator
* Mindful Employer
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.