Job Reference: 372-COM1028
Employer:Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation TrustDepartment:PaediatricLocation:Community, HuddersfieldSalary:26,565 - 35,577 per annnm
Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust aspires to be a leader in the digital health revolution. With the launch of a full Electronic Patient Record in 2017 the Trust aims to be the safest, most efficient and patient centred trust in the NHS. The launch is part of a 10-15 year ongoing project of modernisation with future opportunities for research, development in this rapidly developing field of medicine. Through working at CHFT you can be part of this innovative area aiming to bring safer and more effective care to our patients.
We are looking for an individual with paediatric experience who is ready to take the next step in their career with us at Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust. This post requires an innovative, self motivated person to provide dietetic services in a variety of clinical areas across paediatric specialities. The post will cover general paediatric clinics which include a wide range of clinical conditions including failure to thrive, coeliac condition, IBD, IBS, gastroesophageal reflux and lipid abnormailites. You will have a home enteral feeding caseload with a diverse range of conditions and work closely with the enteral feeding company nurse to support these children and provide visits to educational establishments for children with additional learning needs.
You will need to have post graduate experience in paediatric dietetics and excellent organisational and communication skills, and to work flexibly in line with service modernisation.
We currently provide placements to B and C Dietetic students so enthusiasm to implement and support the training of student dietitians is vital
There is a strong emphasis on MDT working and the whole team is very motivated to achieve quality, evidence based care. You will be part of a friendly and enthusiastic team of 25 dietitians. Your career progression is important to us and we are committed to continuous professional development and student training. We are in a Directorate with other Allied Health Professionals; this will enable you to work with other therapists on projects and develop new skills that will complement your clinical work. There is excellent secretarial support and IT facilities. Good road and rail access to nearby Leeds, Manchester, the Yorkshire Dales and Peak District
For further details / informal visits contact:
Karen Turkington, Team Coordinator on 07468 708613 or Heather Hill/Sarah Milnes , Paediatric Dietitians on 07917 234936
* As part of your application for this position via the NHS Jobs website, if you declare that you have a disability by ticking the appropriate section, please ensure that you also tick the subsequent section if you wish to be considered under the guaranteed interview scheme.
* If you should be shortlisted for this post, you will be contacted by email via NHS Jobs. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been shortlisted for the post. We, therefore, recommend you check your email account on a regular basis. Where possible, please supply us with organisational/work email addresses for your referees who should be in a line management/supervisory capacity to you. If successful this will speed up the recruiting process.
* Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI Website.Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement.
Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks For Overseas Applicants
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Apply for this job
Job Type:PermanentWorking pattern:Full timePay Scheme:Agenda for changePay Band:6Staff Group:Allied Health Professionals
Read this before applying
* Job Description & Person Specification (282 KB)
Apply for this jobClosing Date:15/09/2017Interview Date:21/09/2017
* Candidate Declaration Form A Oct 2016(DBS Required)
* Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust Website
* DBS Update Service Applicant Guide
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.